Job Title: Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or closely related field
Department: Agriculture, Agribusiness and Environmental Sciences
Department Website: http://www.tamuk.edu/agro/
Texas A&M University, Kingsville
Application Deadline: Sep. 1, 2016
Position Start Date: Jan. 2, 2017
Website For Job: https://javjobs.tamuk.edu
Apply Online Here: https://javjobs.tamuk.edu
Agronomy/Plant & Soil Sciences
The College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Sciences at Texas A&M University-Kingsville seeks to fill a position in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness in the Department of Agriculture, Agribusiness and Environmental Sciences. The position is a nine-month, tenure-track faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is 100% teaching appointment. Participation in the New Faculty Investment Program (NFIP), which involves a course release (25%) for the first two years is available. At the end of the two year NFIP program, selected candidate may continue to have a course release (3 hr) for externally funded research through the University. In essence, this position has a 0.75 FTE teaching and 0.25 FTE research appointment dependent upon sustaining research expectations equivalent to 3 hour course release. Tenure and promotion requirements can be found on the Dick and Mary Kleberg College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Science’s web site: http://www.tamuk.edu/agnrhs/
1. The successful candidate will be expected to teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics. Courses may include Introduction to Ag Business, Ag Price Analysis, Food Product Retailing, Marketing Farm Products, and Strategic Agribusiness Management.
2. The successful candidate will also develop research programs in collaboration with faculty in the College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Sciences, obtain external funding to establish a sustainable research program, and advise undergraduate/graduate students.
3. The successful candidate must have a commitment to high standards of ethics, collegiality and academic professionalism. Service and outreach to farmers, ranchers, and the community will also be expected.
1. Requirements include a Ph.D. (or ABD) in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or a closely related field from an accredited institution, and demonstrated success in teaching, research, and publication of scholarly works related to Agribusiness or Agricultural Economics.
2. The candidate must have 18 hours of graduate coursework in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Management, or Marketing.