Job Offer – Permanent Contract – starting in June/July 2018
The Institut Paul Bocuse trains students in the fields of Culinary Arts, Hospitality and Food Service. Integrating tradition, modernity, innovation and research, it aims for excellency. With the highest standards, it transmits technical and managerial know-hows in order to teach its students to the best careers in the world.
The Center for Food and Hospitaliy Research of the Institut Paul Bocuse is one of the leader of Food & Hospitality research. Its mission is to produce, transmit and valorize original knowledge and know-how and to contribute to the improvement of the population well-being, no matter their age or the meal or welcome context, in France or internationally.
The Center for Food and Hospitaliy Research of the Institut Paul Bocuse bring all of its scientific knowledge and technical equipment at the service of custom-made studies with an innovation perspective, with the cooperation of gastronomy, culinary arts, service and hospitality professional experts.
In this context, we are looking for a consulting dietician.
2. Job description
a. Science & Innovation Projects (Research Center)
- Develop meal plans and technical sheets according to the nutritional needs of the target population and according to the clients’ specifications (children, elderly, vegan etc.)
- Participate with the chefs in developing new products or reformulating products according to the nutritional recommendations.
- Bring nutritional expertise to a project (ingredient choice, nutritional values calculations, allergens, etc. )
- Report writing
- Train students (future restaurant professionals) and the Culinary Arts professionals on the basis of nutrition: course on healthy eating behavior; specific needs populations; nutritional composition of foods; training in nutritional calculations; case studies.
Education and experience
• A Bachelor degree in Dietetics/Nutrition is essential and a Master degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health is desirable
• 4-5 years of experience in the food industry and/or public health nutrition organizations
• Experience with nutrition analysis tools (e.g. Nutrilog®)
• Solid knowledge in public health nutrition and healthy eating of particular groups (maternal, infant, elderly, sportsmen, etc.)
• Experience with teaching
• Fluency in English (oral and written). Fluency in French is highly desirable.
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Communication skills, ability to translate and transmit knowledge
• Passionate about Culinary Arts, Hospitality and Food Service.
Conditions: Interview ASAP. Starting immediately - Ecully (Lyon). Basic gross annual salary between 25 and 35 K € depending on degree and experience. Compulsory business mutual and benefits in kind meals.
Please send the following application documents merged in one PDF document to email@example.com
Using ‘Dietitian/Nutritionist application IPB’ as ‘subject’ of your e mail
-CV (max 2 pages)
-motivation letter (max 1 page)
-names and e mail addresses of two referees who have agreed to be contacted prior to interview
The position is available as soon as possible and is a permanent contract (CDI)
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2018
Interviews will take place in June